Monday, October 26, 2009

Top Ten Reasons Why I Qualify For Geek Status

1. During my teenage years, my bedroom was plastered in Star Trek posters.
2. I attended science fiction conventions. And loved them.
3. I hold a degree in Computer Science.
4. Sudoku is relaxing.
5. I have a bunch of acronyms after my name.
6. I know the answer to Life, The Universe, And Everything.
7. I've used polyhedral dice to resolve random events.
8. I taught myself to program in BASIC when I was 11 years old. Over the summer. Because I was bored. And it was a Star Trek program.
9. I understand this joke (and it makes me laugh): There are 10 types of people-- those who understand binary, and those who don't.
10. Just ask my kids. They'll tell you.

7 comments:

Suldog said...

Well, 4, 6, and 9, for me. I like MST3K, if that helps :-)

GreenJello said...

A definite bonus, Suldog! But can you do the Timewarp?

Grant said...

My fantasy football team includes Darth Vader, Superman, Godzilla, Chuck Norris, and George Washington, so I may qualify as well. I am reminded of something I once saw - "Fantasy football is like D&D for guys who used to beat up guys who played D&D."

Lisa Lee said...

My son in law exactly - mechanical engineer - when playing card games, his wife outlawed his babbling with other geek friends about odds on next cards to fall. No numbers or no games in their house. Hitchhiker's are his fav books in the universe.

Lifeofkaylen said...

Sudoku is the best! I do samarai sudoku cause the regular square ones bore me.

You are definitely a geek!!!

Allegro ma non troppo said...

They're only acronyms if they spell other words. Otherwise they're just plain old initials.

Sometimes I fake a few degrees after my name with initials chosen spur of the moment - LTEF. Likes To Eat Fruit. Or something.

Kira said...

I understand 9. I know the answer to 6 (42) and I enjoy Sudoku. But I'm not a geek so there!!