Friday, October 10, 2008

One Tough Mama

That's me. One tough mama. At least, according to some clowns last night...

Before the soccer game started, we went to this little carnival thing going on outside the stadium. Some clowns on stilts were running a game-- they had one of these thingamajigs where you take a heavy hammer and whack a pad to try to get the bell on top to ring.

I convinced Ron to try it-- he got pretty close to the top.Then I decided to try it.

I remembered the wise words of my father, who taught me how to chop wood as a child. "Put the force into your downswing," he used to tell me, "Wait until your hands are in front of your head." So I did just that. And hit that sucker about 2/3 of the way up.

The clowns started ribbing all the men around the area, because my hit was better than most of the guys who tried. Ha! They kept calling me, "One tough mama!" and urged all the men to come and best my score.

Too funny!

No comments: