Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Texting

Kayla has been whining for over two years, hoping this will eventually convince me of her Great Need For Texting. Now that she's going to be attending a school about an hour's drive from where we live, I'm thinking now is the time to get texting.

Of course, this morning the main news headline is about a woman who caused a bad accident and almost killed a man because she was texting while driving.

I've told Kayla in no uncertain terms that if she EVER texts while driving, I will confiscate the phone permanently. I've heard of other parents threatening to withdraw all driving privileges until age 18. I'm thinking that's not a bad idea...

Comments on the news article mention a new device called tiwi. It tells your kid that they're driving too fast, or doing other reckless things while driving. If it only could tell when your kid was texting while driving, or yakking on the cell, or even messing with the stereo too much... then I'd get one.

No comments: