Thursday, July 17, 2008

Two Goods and a Bad

Last night, I traveled a little over an hour (each way) to attend Kayla's soccer game out in the middle of the toolies (where did that phrase come from, anyway?)(the funny part is that I was traveling to the city of 'Tooele'...). It was a team she has played over the past two years, and there's a huge rivalry between them.

This team had an undefeated season, including not being scored on once (!!!). So, of course, our girls had to show them a thing or two. :) The final score was 4-0, and our girls were SO happy about winning this game!

The bad part of the night happened on my way there-- do you know how birds like to play this weird game of 'chicken' with cars? You know what I'm talking about. You're driving along, and birds pop up out of nowhere to fly directly in front of your car. Well, I think one of these birds had a suicide wish, because it didn't fly fast enough. :( I've never had one hit my car before, but this poor thing smacked my windshield. Hard. I just hope it died on impact. I felt so horrible!

My second good was the gorgeous sunset tonight that was right over the goal Kayla was guarding. The photo doesn't do it justice.

No comments: