Wednesday, April 12, 2006

"So She Huffed and Puffed..."

...and fell down on the grass after the soccer game. :)

Holy cow, am I out of shape! At Lu's soccer game yesterday, the refs didn't show up (again). So as the veteran Soccer Mom on the team, I volunteered to be one of the line judges.

Big mistake for a heading-towards-middle-age-mom.

Running back and forth and back and forth and quick sprinting from one end of the field to the other on fast breakaways multiple times in 10 minutes isn't exactly easy when the most regular exercise you get is going up and down the stairs at work.

And here I used to think I was in pretty good shape for my age. Well, maybe I am. But then again, if I'm that winded after a single soccer game, maybe it's time to improve my definition of what I think "pretty good shape" is...

I've been considering taking the line judging ref classes for awhile now, thinking that it wouldn't be too difficult to be a line judge for my kids' games when they need a ref in a pinch. Now I'm realizing that I'd better start doing some more cardio if I'm going to be doing this on any type of regular basis!

There's obviously more to being in "pretty good shape" than fitting in your size 10 jeans, I guess. Who knows... maybe after running a full season of line judging, I'll fit back into my pre-pregnancy size 8. After all, miracles have been known to happen!

No comments: