Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Happy Valentine's Day!

I hope everyone has a sweetheart to dote upon today. It makes Valentine's much more enjoyable, in my opinion. Shandy told me last night that she thinks today should be renamed "Singles Awareness Day", as she and her friends don't have boyfriends/girlfriends right now, and that they shouldn't be forgotten. She said at least in elementary school, everyone got candy and valentines.

I have a sweetheart this year. I'm currently dating Ron, a Very Nice Guy. He treats me like a queen, which is a completely new experience for me. I will have to admit that being doted upon is, well... rather nice. Other guys have been good to me, but he's *WAY* into me. He thinks the sun rises and sets upon me.

So he's really, really, really nice... but I'm not head over heels for this guy. I mean, I know you don't have to be all goo-goo eyes for someone to have a great relationship with them (and we have a pretty darn good relationship), but it feels like something is missing to me. With my last serious boyfriend, there was that spark-- the special something that seems to be missing between Ron and me. I think Ron feels that way towards me, but I'm just not feeling it back. We've been dating exclusively for 4 months now, and it's just not a-comin'.

I don't know what to do... he treats me and my girls like gold. He helps me with household chores and "honey-do's", attends my girls' soccer games, and is always there when I need someone to be there for me. He wants to marry me, but he knows I just don't want to go there right now (and he's willing to wait as long as it takes).

It's kind of ironic-- my last boyfriend broke things off with me after 8 months of exclusive dating, telling me that he just wasn't ready for a serious relationship (???) and that he just wanted to be friends. I couldn't do that-- I was way too in love with him-- and have completely cut all ties with him. Now, I'm feeling like I'm in the same situation, only reversed. I'd like to be 'just friends' with Ron (at least for awhile, until I get my feelings about this situation sorted out), but I think it would be way too hard for him because he's so in love with me.

Love is too complicated. I keep asking my best friend Carol across the street, "Please remind me why is it I wanted to start dating again?"

No comments: